New guy from L.A.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hello members. I just registered today as soon as I found this great forum. I am new to customizing bikes, but not new to Rat Rods. I have a few 60's Ford projects,including a mild custom '64 Fairlane Sports Coupe. Low gloss black,cream pearl top,frenched in '64 Galaxie tail lights,shaved door handles,functional sidepipes,etc.Now on to the bike! As a kid, I used to ride my Dad's old Columbia "Sting Ray" type bike. He used to ride a Firestone,a real Sting Ray & other Schwinns as a kid. I recently got the bug to get a cruiser, but had a hard time finding a frame that would fit me (6'4"). Im my search of yard sales,bike shops,Craigslist & Dad's backyard, I picked up a Del Sol Shore Liner. It's in really nice shape,alum frame,3spd,extended frame & best of all its pretty comfortable to ride. The green/cream paint scheme just isn't my thing, so I've already torn it down to the frame & am now planning out the build. I hope to get some great ideas here to help guide me.

Latest posts

Back