New Guy from Texas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there. New guy from Texas. Found this site through some research...and I like alot!

I've been into Hot Rods, VWs and any type of old cars as long as I can remember.

But my first Love of wheeled transportation was bicycles. I had several bikes growing up. Mostly hand-me-downs....I am the youngest of 12.

I had a cool BMX bike when i was in the 4th grade, a cool home made chopper with long forks after that and a nice Silver Fox, grocery store special when I was in the second grade.

As soon as I could drive I abandoned bicycles and got into cars. Fast forward 30 years and I feel I have come full circle and it is time to build or restore a nice ride.

I put some Volkswagen parts for sale on Craigslist and got offered a '65 Schwinn as a trade and also a Goodyear Bicycle Tank. [see pics]

I didn't take the Schwinn but did get the tank. I really like it and I think this will be the base for my new Rat Bike. I have seen so many cool rides here that I am inspired to build something.

I don't know much about the tank so if you have any info please share. I wonder how old it is, what are they worth, what did they look like originally?

yeah I love vdubs... I had a 67 square back I miss like crazy.... :? ... any ways, welcome. :wink:

I always joke and say it's because the VWs are about as fast as a bicycle. :lol:

And no you don't have to show me YouTube videos of VWs drag racing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here are some pics

IMG_4153.jpg

IMG_4154.jpg

527125.jpg

527127.jpg

Latest posts

Back