new guy from upper md

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I joined this site a wile back and i love it. My names Pete I'm 23 I'm a welder fabricator by trade. I live in upper MD Cecil county. I've loved bikes forever grew up rideing bmx and building lowrider bikes from junk. I mess with old bikes all the time i drive my rusty 66 Chevy swb everyday and have a 59 Edsel wagon I'm building and also a pile of a 31 coupster. My list of bikes is a rollfast gastank bike Columbia girls skiptooth gastank bike a skip tooth roadmaster two 3 wheel bikes one Schwinn one huffy. A huffy the rail 2 random 20 inch lowrider type bikes a Schwinn heavy duti an amf Shelby bike girls. A skip tooth Springer girls western flyer and a boys western flyer i got today free. I got every one free or under 25 bucks lol ill post pics as soon as i can figure out how from my phone. I hear alot about bike meets and rides on hear and I'd like to got to one eventually. If anyone's local i have tons of parts and love wrenching on old rusty junk if anyone needs a hand pm me.

IMG_20110210_230058.jpg
here's my rollfast. Its my favorite bike.everyone asks when I'm going to paint it but i love it how it is. I bought it from the scrap yard for 20 bucks with a folded front wheel and locked up steering stem crank and chain. I got a amf Shelby girls bike for 15 and striped it of the wheels and star cutout crank. The bars i stole from an old 3 wheel bike i just gave away along with the mirror. the headlight and tires came from eBay. I had to put my forks in a vise and squeeze them in to fit the tires right. Rims turned out decent after 2 hours with aluminum foil to get rid of rust
its not the prettiest thing but i cleaned n packed all the bearings and she rides nice. Future plans are to pinstripes scrapyard special on the tank and wire in my mini taillight.

Welcome to the circus. Being a welder/fabricator by trade , you should do some extreme mods and post pics for us. At the age of 31, I can weld a bit, but am just now going to actually go to school for it. This economy dictates a need for a backup to my current occupation. I hope to try my hand at fabrication as well. The cost for equipment is probably the main thing holding me back. My welder is a cheap wire mig, and my fab eqip. is a hammer , some blocks of wood and anything else useful.

My home shop/sheds not really well equipped but i make due. I have a very old Schwinn majestic that I'm going to stretch out and stuff. The whole back end is shot from being in the ground lol and i got a j.c.Higgins that will prob. Undergo similar mods due to rust. I took night school for welding when i was 15 it has helped alot the past 8 years. I'm certified for bridges and structural now. Always helps to have a fallback plan nowadays i have a cdl so if anything happens with my job ill be hauling.

Latest posts

Back