New guy here from Sac area!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hey!
I'm new here. Just picked up a couple of Schwinns at a yard sale. My main hobby is VWs, but I've always liked anything rat-rod! Last year I stopped by College Cyclery in Sac and had a looked at the RRBBO 2007 winner (i think). Anyway, I loved it. I can never leave anything alone, so this will be good for me. The bikes I picked up are: 1980 Colligiate 22" which will become a fixed gear clean and simple bike. The other is a Chinese made Schwinn cruiser with springer forks. This will be my focus for the forum. I think I want to do something along the lines of a salt flat / moon eyes theme. Slick on the rear, push the front wheel out a few inches, narrow bobbed bars, number sign.... whatever. Heres a couple of pics of how I got them for $80.00.

IMG_3208.jpg

IMG_3200.jpg

Thank you!! I've been searching all day for parts... Need to find some mountain bike bars to cut down. Also there are some cool vintage leather seats out there on eGay... Of course in this day and age, everything can be found from the comforts of your laptop (and I'm no different). I picked up a pair of gold flake early Schwinn grips too.

I really don't know what I'm doing, but learning is the fun part. I love the fact that NOTHING has to be correct!!!

those are actually really easy to get a hold of(theyre just standard cruiser bars from the 50's.....just 5" or so bobbed off the ends and flipped)........
if you ask karfer he'll probably let you dig in the used bars until you find some :wink:

sensor said:
those are actually really easy to get a hold of(theyre just standard cruiser bars from the 50's.....just 5" or so bobbed off the ends and flipped)........
if you ask karfer he'll probably let you dig in the used bars until you find some :wink:
Ah.. very cool. Thanks. I was brainstorming for my Collegiate. I'm having fun finding parts for the black cruiser for now though. I'll start a build thread for that one...

maybe :mrgreen: actually i gotta dig through my stuff i might have a set of bars for you.

Latest posts

Back