New guy here

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well here's one of my bikes, 'Dead Rat', an old Western Flyer that I got in a trade with my friend a couple streets over who is also into old bikes. I have no idea what year it is. The only original part to the frame is the crank, but I will be swapping that out too as soon as I can find a better one. The tank, fenders, forks, and chainguard came off another old Western Flyer that I bought from my cousin for $40. The pedals I think came off an exercise bike, no idea what the rims are from, the struts and non functional spring are from a lowrider front end (I just like how struts look lol) , the tires are Bontrager, grips are from an old Huffy Eldorado and the handlebars and the duct taped seat (which I did, the seat was a mess) , and sissybar are from an old bike that my friend (mentioned above) gave to me for free and had been sitting outside next to the jewelry shop where he works for at least a couple of years. It also has L.E.D. headlight and taillight and I recently put a brand new chain on it.

Attachments

• IMG_0092.JPG
    IMG_0092.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
Here's my '53 J.C. Higgins that I got in a trade with a friend who lives a couple streets over who is also into old bikes. This had been sitting in his backyard leaning against a big tree stump with weeds growing around it for I don't know how long. I had asked him about it a couple times but he never wanted to sell it, I think his plan was to eventually part it out and scrap the rest. All he ended up taking was the tank, but I don't care about that, I think it looks better without it anyway and eventually I might make some kind of insert between the bars, just don't have any ideas yet. The handlebars, neck, and seat are from a '36 Clipper, the crank is from a '68 Schwinn, I put better rims and tires on it and it also has L.E.D. headlight and taillight. I had a '43 Raliegh blackout bike that I traded for not only this bike but for everything that was in his backyard which was a bunch of junk bikes (some still fixable) and misc. parts. My friend had 'warned' me that the J.C. was pretty 'crusty', but when I finally got to go look at it up close for the first time, it wasn't bad at all. Only the chainguard is actually rotted, but the rest of the bike is pretty decent. This bike runs and rides amazing and is fun as heck to ride!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-06 9.18.30 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-06 9.18.30 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0057.JPG
    IMG_0057.JPG
    9.6 MB · Views: 0
Back