New Guy in Houston

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I would throw down my intro before a bunch of stupid questions. Other than riding a bike for transportation growing up, I'm pretty new to the hobby. I ran across the forum looking for info for a motorized bike I thought would be fun to build.

I've done VW's, jeeps and most recently guns. But do to the current ammo shortage I decided to start another hobby to my wife's disapproval. So far, a Mongoose beast for the wife, the motorized bike, a Cranbrook and my newest Schwinn Industrial project.

I guess that about covers it.

Chuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pics of what, the Cranbrook or the Bad Schwinn Heavy Duti? And I've yet to master the image posting here.

What year and model of VW? I have a 65 beetle.

It's a 70 Beetle with a 1600sp. My neighbor does interiors and he hooked me up with a custom interior, real headliner, nice door panels and custom seat upholstery. Haven't started it up in several years. But nothing wrong with it other than dead battery. It was a 6 year project. Looks real nice sitting in the garage when the dust is knocked off. One of the guys from The Samba did most of the work on it.
Had a Manx clone a few years back. Got a real good deal on it and sold it for a slight profit. It was too nice to drive.
I need to find some motivation and get it started.

Chuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool. I haven't driven mine too much since I "finished" it. But I intend to get it out of the shed after the weather clears up.

Latest posts

Back