New Guy in Lincoln NE...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! I stumbled across this site by accident, but it has really changed my direction when it comes to collecting and building old bikes! I have always been interested in bikes as my father started me off BMX racing back in the early 80's. My friend and I were working on pulling an engine out of an old 54 Dodge when he pointed to the corner of my garage and said "cool bike". He was referring to an old Spaceliner that I had picked up at a garage sale a few days before. I always liked the bike, but didn't realize until that moment what treasures vintage cruiser bikes could be. I am just now finding out how much fun building a "hot rod" bike is, and it is definitely addicting! I must also say that it is easier on the pocketbook than my old 29 Ford, and it didn't take as long turning wrenches on my 2-wheeler before she was ready to cruise around the block!

Below is a picture of my Spacliner. I haven't done much to her but add the springer forks (thanks Walker!), and flip the bars around. I like the look, but have a couple of other minor adjustments in store.

Thanks for the great site, I am sure it will be a great help to me, and hopefully I can add to the experience of others as well!

Tim
a-1.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

Back