new guy in Mass

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I've been away from cycling for quite some time. I never did fit in with the Lycra crowd anyway. So, one of my three plus jobs is working at a large bookstore; one night I was putting new stuff on the shelves and came across a book call Cruiser. I just loved the images and that week started googling the companies listed. Since my 40th birthday was coming up I started hinting to my better half that I wanted a new classic style bike. Yesterday I picked up my new Electra Super Deluxe. Even though I'm under the weather I still took the new wheels and both of my young boys for a short hilly two+ mile ride. Planes for the bike? Mostly I'll leave it stock. I don't care for the stick on pinstripes so either I'll do it myself of I'll have someone more skilled paint new striped in the same color as the wheels (dark red). I would like large vintage style headlamp and I've seen pictures of small bullet tail lamps but I want metal not plastic. I'll need a new helmet too (can't tell the kids to use one if I don't) so I'll probably find a Nutcase helmet and airbrush some design to fit the retro style.

Well, that's all for now, see ya around the net and maybe at come car & rod shows.

DSCN15631271788377.jpg

Nice ride! Looks like the best of both worlds, new and old.There are PLENTY of people here from New England. There's a few rides and swap meets where we get together. Hope to see you at one.

Latest posts

Back