NEW GUY IN SO-CAL...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself to the forum.. my name is Danny E. And I'm in Bellflower CA (Los Angeles county). I've been poking around this site every now and then to check out what cool projects people have going on.. I'm not to knowledgeable on the history of bikes(yet) but I'm doing my research.. to be honest though, I'm more into the custom bikes then originals..
I used to ride bmx bikes when I was younger, but slowed down on it after I started working.. ended up getting a beach cruiser and had the urge to modify it.. since then, I had to do somethin with every bike I've owned.. didn't take pics of the first few bikes I messed with but here are a couple I remembered too.

This first one is an elgin frame and forks that I picked up at the local motorcycle swapmeet held usually once a month in long beach.. I go there to look for stuff to paint, and vintage minibike stuff that I'm also into.. they have a ton of bicycle stuff so that's where I got exposed to a lot of cool vintage original and custom bikes..
IMAG1223.jpg

IMAG1225.jpg

This next one was just a frame and crank that a buddy gave me, he wanted me to do the usual and put a springer front end, make it a lowrider. Then I thought, why not make it a lowrider style chopper bike.. I found a beater at a swapmeet with the perfect parts to mix into this frame.. made the handle bars from two rusted ones and slapped a lowrider swirl seat on it.. still did a few more things after the pic but didn't take more pics.. my nephews ride it now..
IMAG0452.jpg

IMAG0455.jpg

Here is my newest find.. its a Columbia jet-fire, I can't find much info on it. Only thing I know is that its from the mid 50s and it looks exactly like one that's called a fire-arrow.. found some ads on that one.. one difference I noticed was the lever on the right hand side in the ads for the fire-arrow.. mine didn't come with one.. and the seat is different, but both things might not be correct on mine.. cool thing is that I got the headlight and horn to work, just needed a little cleaning of all connections..
IMAG0656.jpg

IMAG0657.jpg

IMAG0653.jpg

IMAG0658.jpg

1957FireArrowjpgw560h466.jpg

I ended up changing the tires because I like the balloon tire look better, but had to remove the fenders and rack for now because it was a tight fit and tires were rubbing..

IMAG0659.jpg

IMAG0660.jpg

Well, that's all for now guys, hope to meet some cool like minded people on here and thanks for letting me join this great site :D

RatSphinx said:
8) Is that a Yamaha Mini Enduro hiding down in the left hand corner? 8)

You guessed it.. it was my brothers.. he got it for my nephew to learn on, but I think we rode it more then my nephew did lol.. ended up letting it go a little while back though..

Latest posts

Back