New guy, Memphis area...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found the board last night, had to join in the fun. Originally from the Graham Washington area, now live on an old plantation outside Memphis TN. Used to ride the wheels off of a couple 1930s Columbias when I was a kid. Decided it is time to get back into old bicycles.

Have to go out to the barn and snap some before pics of the old bikes here. Matching pair of his and hers chestnut Schwinn Suburban 10 speed touring style (just need tubes, tires, lubing and cleaning), late 50s or early 60s Firestone beach cruiser (needs a rear wheel, steering stem and bar, tubes and tires, going to be repainted) and a Schwinn Henderson (very rough, been in the barn since 1958, lot of parts gone).

Henderson is about 1/2 there, but enough to fix up and ride. Firestone is going to be color matched to my motorcycle (cream and orange late 50s style one cylinder Savage), lowrider super beetle and 49 Dodge truck. I know, I'm strange, but the color matched 4some won't get out of my head. Since 3 of the 4 have been in the family since new though...

You only live once, so ought as well enjoy the toys while you can.

Latest posts

Back