New Here!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not knew to bikes but it has always been MTB and Tri bikes! Just getting into the Cruisers and I love them!! I've been snooping around for awhile and decided to join and ask some questions to the experts!! My first is : Is there a tire that is 26x3 with a white wall??? I've only seen 24x3 in a WW is that what most people run?? And does changing to a 24" change the bike ?? Thanks :D

Welcome !!!

The only 26x3.0+ tires I know of usually have a skinny whitewall like a schwalbe tire would have, Bontrager used to make one that was decent but I havent seen it around for a while. Electra and Felt make a "wide" whitewall in 24x3, mounted up they are just a hair shorter in total height than a typical 26x2.125 would be. 24x3 fit most 26" cruiser style bikes but fenders and chainguards sometimes rub and get in the way, it really depends on the frame your going to use, heavyweight frames are more forgiving on clearance in the stays than a middleweight will be.

Here's my heavyweight build from last year with 24x3 front and back.

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1450.jpg

OK So I contacted 3g bikes and they told me they have the Hoggy-G 24x3.45 but in cream and no WW!!! They said they no longer carry a WW tire? As for fit i've been reading around the forums and thet say the tire truly not 3.45'. I measured the rear of the bike and it measures 6" (roughly) across the rear triangle from the chain to the other side so i am assuming it will fit but I'll have to ditch the fenders.

Latest posts

Back