New in Ohio

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I've been lurking around for awhile, only just decided to post. Trying to find myself a bike to use when I attend college in the fall, so I've been scouring Craigslist for the past couple weeks. Thought I would come and ask for some advice:

After doing some searching, I think I enjoy the looks of English 3-speeds the most. I found one on the local Craigslist, but I'm not sure if the price is fair or if I should try to bargain them down (and to what extent).

I found a 1974 Raleigh Sports for $200, with a 3-Speed Sturmey-Archer and Brooks saddle. It's a nice color, certainly something I could see myself purchasing. So, any advice on whether this is an appropriate price, and if not, where I should shoot for?

Attached a picture as well.

5N95G35Me3G93K53Hbc5t79bb3682ecb715c6.jpg

good looking bike.. not sure I would pay that for it.. but its not my style I think if you keep looking you will find
a bike at a better price.... but if you like it.. and the price works for you .. then by all means.. go for it..
just think you can do better... price wise..

Back