New member from France

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there !

Finally signed up on the forum, been reading you for a while tho...

I'm from Angers, west of France. Wonder if there are any other french members here?

I've been in the custom bicycle culture for 3 years now, each of these years with a different bike.
My first choice was an second-hand Nirve Deviate chopper, the chopper style being the most impressive style when you don't know much about custom bikes (long forks, feet first position, etc... :bigsmile:) I had good times with that bike tho, it was fitted with a 7 speed Nexus hub and allowed me to carry some heavy loads...

nirve2.jpg

The next one was a second-hand cruiser, a lot more "personnal" as I changed about 50% of the parts and made a radical frame treatment : homemade rust ! :D

IMG_1747.jpg

Unfortunately, this bike was stollen last spring :mad:

At least, at this moment I knew lowrider was the way to go for me :

- I'm short so the upright position is a lot better
- Even since I ride custom bikes, I still love to ride fast, jump sidewalks, etc...
- I really love how bent forks feels !

So, after a few months, I finally built my first "scratch" bike. Here's how it looks today :

IMG_1846b.jpg

(sorry for the "ugly" lock on the seat tube, but I need it that way to avoid backpack when going in town)

Still looking at the different options to lower it a little bit without making it unrideable, that will be the subject of my first post besides this intro.

When I don't ride my bike, I play reggae/dub records on a heavyweight homemade sound system, and I cook vegan food ! :banana:

Welcome to RRB.
I know there are some members over in Paris. While on vacatrion last month, I was lucky enough to join the Custom Brigade there for one of their monthly night cruises.

I would love to find one of those Deviates. I have had a Cannibal before, but I like the lines on the Deviate better.

Yeah, I used to post on the Custom Brigade forums and ride with bicycle clubs at the beginning, but it turned out that the movement was a little too closed on itself and not open-minded enough, at least in France. Reading the forums here made me think the US community is very different. Therefore, I mostly ride alone, sometimes with friends.

Thanks !

Going to sleep now, it's getting late here.
I'll take time to explore the rest of the forums tomorrow ;)

welcome,all 3 bikes are cool,I would take 1 deviate add the homemade rust from the second cruiser and add the apes from the low low and change the name from deviate to "deviant"
hope you have fun and inspiration here

Thanks, unfortunately the first one had to be sold in order to afford the third one after the second one was stollen ^^
So, for now I only have one ride !

Latest posts

Back