New member from Melbourne, FL.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello from sunny Florida!

I've been away from the custom bike scene since the 1980's when I thought the world revolved around BMX. Now 30 years later my world revolves around spending time with my wife and daughter. One of the things we like is to enjoy our bikes in the fall, winter and spring around here. My wife is on an Electra Townie and my daughter has grown out of her 20" so we are going to look at bikes for her in the coming weeks.

Being a custom car guy I now think it is time to upgrade and customize my other ride a Satin Black Trek Pure. I can't find much info on customizing this bike so any direction on max tire size that will fit the stock frame and wheels would be appreciated. Also suggestions on Handlebars, Racks and so on are appreciated. The bike looks to me like a great starting point and has character but it needs more.

Instead of creating a new thread I revived the "Pure Evil" thread hoping to stir up some ideas:

http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/2012-trek-pure-evil-build.63139/

Thanks in advance to all, Ken

Latest posts

Back