New member - photos of my ride...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, I think I can post some pics of my ride. First of all I came over here from the Jalopy Journal/HAMB board where I lurk full times as well. The story on my ride is pretty simple, I traded an old Honda Civic transmission to a guy near me for the tandem and an early 80's Miyata road bike. The tandem is an old Huffman (Huffy) from the mid 60's. A few months ago I was cruising a local yard sale and saw this crazy sidecar! The perfect addition to the tankdem, tigether near 100lbs of steel and a coaster brake. Deathtrap if ever I've seen one. I need to modify the sidecar since it's setup to run with 24" inch wheeled host. After doing a little research I'm pretty sure the sidecar is an airport courtesy hack. There's a logo on the back which was used by Singapore Airlines many years ago. Anyway here's a few pics... (crosses fingers)
IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0045.jpg

IMAG0039.jpg

Something is screwy with the links in the second post.

Yahoo photos won't allow you to display your images on other sites...something about the URLs goofs it up.

Photobucket.com seems to be the easiest way to get-r-done.

That set up is crazy! :lol:

My question for you is....who's bionic powered thighs are making that bike roll ?!?!?! :shock:

:lol: it's not the pedalling that's the hard part, it's finding a four lane hiway to turn it around! It takes up more space than some small cars!

Where do you find tires and tube to support all the weight!!! U have a minumum of 200 on the tandem plus who or whatever in the side car!! I got 2 tandems and cant find tires to hold up 375 of 2 people!!

The tandem only gets ocassional use. So far it's been running some cheap mountain tires without any problems. As I said in the intro the sidecar needs to have it's attach points modified to fit a 26" wheeled host bike so I'm not sure what the extra weight will do to the life of the tires/tubes. The person I bought the sidecar from only used it to carry kids around the neighborhood so it didn't see much hard use. Considering that it was a work bike it's likely the business considered tire wear to be part of the cost of doing business. As I press the sidecar into use I'll report on tire wear.

Because you have no need to bank your 'tricycle' over maybe you could fit 24inch wheels on the tandem without causing any pedal/ road interference.

Nice rig man.

Back