New Member with a Question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I am new to this forum and am not much of a bike expert. Anyway, I am trying to restore my childhood bike that I've had since new- its a 1974 Mossberg. I have no idea what model it is. I was referred here by some Jeep guys. I know its a long shot, but I am looking for some Carlisle tires for it. They are raised white letters. The front is 20x1.75. The back is a slick that is 20x2.25. Any chance someone might have those??

Thanks,
Bill

Kingfish,

No, I have the muscle bike. Its a goldish orange color. I am working on setting up a photobucket account so I can post pics. I understand they are fairly rare. I can't find much info on them.

Thanks,
Bill

Like this one? Dont see many Carlisle RWL slicks around myself but I dont doubt theyre out there.
Good luck with the search !!! ... and WELCOME !!!

mossberg.JPG

CCR,

Yes, that is the same model as mine. I have talked to the owner of that bike last year. He has the only other one that I have seen. Those are the tires I am looking for.

His bike is a bit different than mine as mine has black cables and his are white. His is missing reflectors on the spokes too. There should be an orange one in front and a red one in back.

Bill

CCR,

I do have the same forks. My bike also has two white racing stripes on the seat in the back.

Aside from the back tire, mine is 100% original from when my dad got it from the Schwinn dealer in 1974.

My sister also had the pink Mossberg girl's bike.

My dad was a big gun collector and liked them because of the link to Mossberg firearms.

Bill

I have seen those seats striped before, usually orange or green stripes. My grandfather was a strip pit mine reclaimator, which basicly meant he hunted a lot. I grew up thinking Benelli and Mossberg were the only companies that made shotguns. :D

Latest posts

Back