New old guy from Coleman, Texas.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hi guys.. Been a bike nut since I was a kid, with the usual sidesteps into the Jeep and VW world but I have always kept bikes around.
I graduated HS in the 70's, so Stingrays, Suburbans, and Varsity's are all in my past.
I bought all the BikeCentennial stuff including a World Voyager to take the trip on but life got in the way. Now, I am an old fart trying to get back in shape and also trying to get a few of my toys from happier and simpler times.

Right now I am in a rest stop on the Kansas turnpike, with a load of junk looking bikes, including two suburbans, three stingrays, and my grandpa's bike from 1941. Inside the truck is a Roadmaster I picked up in Troxeltown, PA at the show, with parts I found at the Memory lane swap. It is rough but destined for a freshening up.

I'm not a purist, although I can appreciate a stocker in original shape. Two of the bikes in my truck are three speed girl's bikes I picked out of the bike pile at the Salvation Army for $10. I wanted the seats but.......I think we have the makings of a swingbike frame here...so I just had to join up where some of the neatest Swingbike builds I have seen are at.
If I could figure out how to directly post a pic I would but it seems like it will take too long for this rest stop,. I'll post later.

Anyhow, glad to be here. Hope I can add something useful to the conversations. Now I gotta head to Texas.

Latest posts

Back