new Schwinn Southport Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
...has anyone purchased one of these new Schwinns?...here's photo of it in the store, I'm gettin one of these soon as I get the bucks, I love the retro style and it's a 7 speed bike, can't wait.
55chevpu096.jpg

Re: new Schwinn Baysport Cruiser

How many bucks are they? It is a beautiful bike. 8)

thom said:
How many bucks are they? It is a beautiful bike. 8)
...149.95 where I saw it, I'm gonna look around to see if I can find it any cheaper.

aw, come on! you can do better than that. :D
Take that $150 bucks and build up a classic and make it your own. Those big box store Schwinns are crummy.

gtcoma,...that red bike you posted IS my bike and I love riding it, it's a Columbia Torpedo.
I did think about building an older bile like this and adding some gears to it for nicer riding, and I still mite.
P.S., I did buy one of those Schwinn Southport bikes,( I had the wrong name listed at first ,Baysport)) got it on sale at $127.00, a good deal I think. Can't have too many bikes!
..here's another of my old bikes...a Gambles Airline...I'm thinkin bout puttin blackwalls back on it but I had ta see it with www's...
bikes107-1.jpg

Yeah, I found that bike under your other posts...

I guess I'll let you buy a newer bike too. 127 isn't too bad. So what are you going to do to it?

I've got a Schwinn Point Beach. It's got a seven speed rear wheel or something around that. It's decent but the grip shifter broke. I like it but I was going to build it up for a MTB since it's got a 1-1/8 headtube and canti bosses already and it's aluminum. I bought it from an older guy who rode it just for a few miles and didn't care for it. I'm guessing cause it was badly setup from Walmart as the derailer wasn't dialed in and was jumping gears. I only paid 50 and included the manual and original receipt too. lol. He paid 180 for it last year from looking at the receipt. The seat was pretty uncomfy but like I said I just bought it basically for it's frame.

GTCOMA said:
Yeah, I found that bike under your other posts...

I guess I'll let you buy a newer bike too. 127 isn't too bad. So what are you going to do to it?
...I just plan on ridin it...I've been ridin my Huffy Causeway 6 speed cruiser, rode it over 3500 miles last year.

Latest posts

Back