new single speed project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,here is the base of my next fixie
Its an Eroba Sprint made in Echt,The netherlands probably 60's or 70's,
Its gonna be nice..
PIC005301.jpg

PIC0060.jpg

PIC0062.jpg

PIC0065.jpg

Re: new fixie project

nice, what kind of fixie hub are you gonna use on it ?

Not sure what a fixiehub is :oops:
Gonna put a coasterbrake on it. :D

then this is not a fixie, but a one speed coaster with a brake? very kool, will look nice when ya finish it.

Outlaw 8)

karl said:
Not sure what a fixiehub is :oops:
Gonna put a coasterbrake on it. :D

still cool, and you got a good base to start with, im quickly becoming a fan of the straightbars too.

in case you wanted to know what a fixie means to most ---
a "fixie" is a bike that is direct drive. (think - kids tricycle) pedal forward wheel goes forward, pedal backwards and the wheel goes backwards. if the wheel is moving the pedals are moving. some even run them without brakes and use their legs to lock up the rear wheel skidding to a stop (kinda silly and dangerous) theres no coasting or freewheeling on a "fixie" bike in the recent meaning. they usually use a track hub or a freewheel hub that been welded up so it doesnt freewheel anymore.

You can also stop a fixed gear bike by resisting the forward motion of the pedals, you don't have to skid. And you can shift your weight forward, lift the back wheel and drop it - a "hop stop" if you will.

Track bikes at the velodrome are fixed gear and they travel in excess of 35 mph. I've seen some horrific crashes but they are few and far between. Track bikes got popular on the street with bike messengers, mostly because the only maintenence is tire pressure and chain tension/lube, and the occasional back tire. I think it also helps that track bikes look incomplete to the average theif, like there's a bunch of parts missing, but with their popularity this is changing. Still, many times when they get stolen they get abandoned a few blocks away, usually because they bucked the theif off when he tried to coast.

Edited the title..
I really like the combi of a racebike with coasterbrake with todays alloy rims,
it just makes a gnarly fast citybike,i raced against dudes whose shoelaces were more expensive than my singlespeed
coasterbrakebike cityracer or whatever i should name it.. :D

just looking at those fenders, they are very kool lookin. i am re-doing my 71 Superbe from a B/T to a road bike with rim brakes. it has a coaster on it now but those wheels are going on another bike so i have a new set of 26" wheels coming. should be fun.

JWSMOCKUPBIKES119.jpg

lets see some progress pics

Outlaw 8)

karl said:
Edited the title..
I really like the combi of a racebike with coasterbrake with todays alloy rims,
it just makes a gnarly fast citybike,i raced against dudes whose shoelaces were more expensive than my singlespeed
coasterbrakebike cityracer or whatever i should name it.. :D

Snob-Killer?

Latest posts

Back