New Soapbox Car

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Spent the last three days thrashing on my new soapbox car. It isn't done, but save for brakes, it's driveable.

dirtybirdy03.jpg

dirtybirdy01.jpg

dirtybirdy00.jpg

dirtybirdy02.jpg

Sorry for the quality of the pics, but the sun was already down when I shot these.

Looks good :wink: I like those rear tires, it makes it look real cool :mrgreen:

MarksA-C said:
Is that hood off of a David Bradley walk behind tractor?

Looks cool!
DING DING DING!

Absolutely correct! I scored it a few years back for $25, and have been saving it for such a project ever since. That little T-bucket body came from an old quarter midget project that was excavated at a construction site near a buddy's house a few years back. I finally put the two together in a new frame made out of 4"x1" .120" rectangular tubing.

gowjobs said:
MarksA-C said:
Is that hood off of a David Bradley walk behind tractor?

Looks cool!
DING DING DING!

Absolutely correct! I scored it a few years back for $25, and have been saving it for such a project ever since. That little T-bucket body came from an old quarter midget project that was excavated at a construction site near a buddy's house a few years back. I finally put the two together in a new frame made out of 4"x1" .120" rectangular tubing.

I spot just about any kind of tractor stuff from a mile away haha.
Just have to ask, when you say you scored it do you mean the whole machine or just the hood?

MarksA-C said:
I spot just about any kind of tractor stuff from a mile away haha.
Just have to ask, when you say you scored it do you mean the whole machine or just the hood?

Nah, just the hood. Found it at a swap meet, and figured I'd have a project for something that looked that cool, sooner or later.

g-ratter said:
The question is do you have to push it up the hill first?

Nope - just have to be able to unload it from the truck by myself. Race was good today, but my lack of prep bit me in the hiney. I should have over-inflated the rear slicks and added a brake pedal stop to keep it from returning over-center, preventing the return spring from slightly engaging the brakes on the reverse-throw of the linkage. I had to keep slight pressure on the pedal to keep the right rear brake from rubbing slightly. As it was, I was back near the back of the pack, but had a great ride, anyway.

Latest posts

Back