New stuff - pic heavy!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So, I met up with a guy from the Cabe who lives fairly close and picked up a bike, a partial bike and a collection of parts. As Frank says on American Pickers, sometimes you have to bundle to get a price you're both happy with....

First up is a prewar Elgin. The paint is REALLY nice on this bike to be as old as it is. The light, seat, grips, aren't original, but the rest seems like it. It has the black war time hubs which I thought was pretty cool. It needs a good detailing. More pics of this bike are in the Bike ID forum

elgin1.jpg

Probably the part I am most excited about is this prewar Huffman Airflyte. Being from Dayton, I have always wanted a Huffman. It is a greenish color with killer patina. I think the chainguard is awesome. I think this might end up being my RRB built.

airflyte1.jpg

airflyte2.jpg

airflyte3.jpg

Finally an interesting assortment of pieces...A Huffman Dixie Flyer...the frame has a re-weld on the bottom of the seat tube. I've seen better and I've seen worse. Also someone drilled a couple small holes in the top of the light. I mean it would be easy to fill if someone was restoring it. The frame has a great headbadge! I think this frame, fenders and light will end up on the "For Sale" boards here in a few days.

flyer1.jpg

flyer2.jpg

flyer3.jpg

flyer5.jpg

flyer4.jpg

flyer6.jpg

flyer8.jpg

Xcruiser said:
Really like that first one,looks like you got some nice pieces there buddy.

Thanks....but too much stuff is coming in and not enough going out!

I think I am going to post the first bike in the ID forum and see if I can get some info on it....

Latest posts

Back