New to Rat Rod Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm Dan and been into moutain bike for years, then got a fixie, now the next step i think is the rat bikes. When looking for parts for the MTB i found an old bike that caught my eye and when trying to find info I found this site. in doing so I didn't care about what the bike was i just new this was my next step so I bought it and still don't know what it is. It has oddly twisted handle bars a different style spinger frontend i can't seem to find either. so here is some pics of my winter project.
1053050248_bQa5k-O.jpg

1053050246_Q3oKF-O.jpg

1053050227_rq3iC-Th.jpg
1053050226_gfCR8-Th.jpg

If Anyone has any info on this let me know this will be my winter project and I'm still hashing out ideas of what to do .
also I know the fenders are moved back i was just trying to see how extending them would look.

Welcome, that is a cool bike. I'm not sure on the frame but somebody here knows. The rams horn bars and beehive springer are nice pieces.

looks like a pure rat !!!

jc higgins beehive springer
probably a murray brand or wald muscle bike handle bars
huffy sprocket
hawthorne/rollfast frame

just guessin at some of the parts makers, but its definatley a pieced together bike, but some really cool parts thrown together at that :)

:D Welcome !!!

That is a pretty sweet rat, like the street sweeper fenders. Sorry to say that you may be shelving your other bikes for a while so you can rise up to the Rat Rod Bike. It's ok, you'll go back to the other bikes but seeing them in a different light.

Welcome, glad you made it here.

Graylock

TheItGuy said:
Welcome aboard! From D-town Mi.....:)
Cool I'm not to far away I live in Ann Arbor and work in Dearborn.
I was thinking of just getting it together enough and take it the this months Detriots Critical Mass in two weeks but then again i want to strip it down and get it started before that too. :?

Thanks everyone for the calling out the parts i have what i have. Now i at least know its parted together bike not a super rare bike that i'll be making my way. :D

And this site is great I've been on it for two days straight now glad i desided to post.

Latest posts

Back