New to the forum, 60's era Murray Jetfire

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been browsing constantly on the forum, to find ALOT of great bikes. Sparking a wildfire of inspiration to find my own old bicycle and make it my own. We rarely see bikes with value around my parts, or I Just havent found the right spot yet, but here's what I've inherited from the local antique/thrift store!
MurrayJetfire.jpg

Research was done before I picked this baby up, knowing full well the relative value of the bike, the frame had been hit/ ran over, and was banged out of true pretty bad. The lady was asking 125$ which I knew full well was a ridiculous price.
Went ahead arranged to meet miss lady a day the store wasn't open, I just had to have it because its the only one around, right?!
Running late for my arranged appointment, we missed each other by roughly 15 minutes, spent another 20 minutes trying to contact her, and talking with the garage gas pump guy next to the antique store before she arrived home hah.
recieving the call I was excited to maybe hear SHE was running late. This not being the case, she told me to leave 125$ with "gas pumpin gary" whatever buddy's name was, and he would unlock the store and let me take the bike home. She lived a fair distance from the store and wouldn't be coming back because of my poor timing.

nevertheless, I felt bad for missing our arrangement, wanted the bike pretty badly. Took the lashing and paid full. :?
Rode it home it was a nice ride, rimms needed a little truing, She's missing the chaincover, but thats one cadillac seat!!
being the poor condition of the frame, my wandering imagination and influence from the site, I hope to be entering the 7th rat rod build-off.
Tell me what you think!

one more thing. tip's and tricks on a way to pull a 1" solid tempered steel seatpost out :p
drilling through it was quite an adventure, but she wont spin out even with heat.

Latest posts

Back