NEW TOY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
The sale of the campus green 69 Collegiate translated into the purchase of this new toy...

Nikon-D40-intro-main-2-400.jpg

Been wanting a DSLR for quite some time now, but never could afford one.

Bike photos should look even cooler now. :D

P.S. Anyone considering this camera should jump on it....it's pretty incredible for the price.

Yeah...I did say that didn't I...doh!

My 4 year old recently broke our other camera so we were in the market.

We're still trying to decide if we can even handle a move right now....new baby and all.

Let's just say I needed it for taking photos of all of the rooms for the realty websites...ha ha!

Awesome...Have a friend that just bought something like this
Must work EXCELLENT

ive really been wanting a camera for myself since my phones camera is crap and my mom complains about me using hers too much

It blows away point and shoot cameras.

The D40 kit including the body, lens, battery and charger can be bought from Target for $499.

In the world of DSLRs....that's pretty cheap.

It's a good investment for anyone who wants to get into photography.

We wanted high quality shots of the bambinos growing up. :mrgreen:

That was the camera I used to shoot my photo contest shots. I like to use a full manual on a tripod for attempts at photography...

That is a great camera for the price, the depth you get with a real lens is undeniably better.

I've been looking at one of those Nikons too. I've got a bunch of Nikon format manual lenses that my dad used on his film SLR's. I wonder if they are compatible? I know that the lenses I have do not have exposure sensors in them and wondering if the DSLR can be set to manual mode to accept them? Any way, thats a great camera and you should get plenty of years of use from it. Thanks!!!

cashman said:
I've been looking at one of those Nikons too. I've got a bunch of Nikon format manual lenses that my dad used on his film SLR's. I wonder if they are compatible? I know that the lenses I have do not have exposure sensors in them and wondering if the DSLR can be set to manual mode to accept them? Any way, thats a great camera and you should get plenty of years of use from it. Thanks!!!

Not sure if the D40 will accept older lenses or not.

The lens that it came with has the auto-focus mechanism built in to the lens.

Ok so now your also doing realestate shoots. My father in law got me started on that then dumped me. He managed Judge Fite in ennis, waxahachie, all that area. Do you really do this?

My ex-girlfriend had one of them, Her brothers a professional photographer, She got his old camera, I think she said it cost him like $900 or $1000... I don't remember... Man i miss her. :(

Back