New year ... new shoes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCR

Mouth-Breather
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I dont know what I want ... I was looking for some red slip-on converse all stars, but the only way to get them is the "make em" deal through their website for $62 bucks plus shipping, rather settle for the navy pair at target for $30... then I got to thinking ... Ive already got a pair of brown low tops and they're really not all that comfortable running around out and about.

Any suggestions ?

well.....as you can guess from most of my build pics blk/wht old school vans :mrgreen: (and you can always lace them so you dont have to tie them.i havent tied mine in 15 years and theyve stayed on even while skating)

I've been wearing black Converse Hi-top Chucks for years,just laced up half way.

I shoulda tossed these out 2 years ago,but they are as comfortable as bedroom slippers.(I could step on a dime and tell ya if its heads or tails)

I Wear nothing but Nikes

Theyre comfy, And theyre the only shoe i havent blown out in less than 6 months of wearing them. My Feet are extremely wide, and i usually have some sort of holes at the sides of my shoes.

I found a pair of Red Nike high tops, Canvas for $50

I've got the blue one-stars from Target and I wear them almost everyday. They have been part of my anti-heel philosophy I've gone too since reading a bunch about barefoot running. The only downside is that your feet will get cold without thick socks. I also have Sanuks but they can get a little pungent if you wear them everyday.

i honestly cant remember the last time i've tied a pair of shoes, unless they were dress hoes or boots... wait my dress shoes are slip on too lol!! i wear classic vans just loose enough to slip on and off, best shoes ever made!

I have a pair of black hi-top Chucks too, and yep, had 'em for years. I don't wear 'em much, they're like 1920s shoe technology, and barely any cushioning for my middle aged feet! I usually wear a size 14, so I can't be too picky! I recently got some old school looking navy low risers from WalMart, had good luck with their steel toed sneaks for work. They used to have some called Herberts that were tan, but they don't make 'em anymore! :( And around the house I just slide into my Crocs. -Adam

puma-suede-fat-lace-3.jpg

cons_gates_red1.jpg

02248_602.jpg

i think something like these are what im after, ive had a pair of pumas before, i loved em until the basement flooded and turned them brownish-pink. time to spend those christmas giftcards :)

I have a pair of old Made in the USA hi-top Chucks I got second hand and they are TANKS. Last year bought a pair of the China Chucks and blew a hole in the bottom of them in 6 months. Same deal with Doc Martens. First pair lasted 11 years, new pair lasted less than 1.

My personal favorite shoe is the Addidas Gazzelle. I have 12 years on one pair, another have held up very well for 3 and just got a third pair of one-off prototype classics (one of my buddies has a shoe problem and likes to buy obscure shoes for my b-day).

I have heard that Grinders boots from the UK are good. My next planned purchase are Redwings - made in the USA.
I also have a pair of Vans (same model Sensor wears) that have held up as well as the Chucks.

Latest posts

Back