New Years Day Ride in Philly- The Video

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Well I was going to hold a New Year's Day Ride in Philly, but i then remembered that the Mummer's Day Parade will probably have the city in a stranglehold. So I am open to ideas...Hold a ride in South Jersey? Maybe Wilmington, DE? Stick with Philly? Any thoughts?

Re: New Years Day Ride in Philly! UPDATE!

SO far so good! I'm planning a ride that will stay in the northern part of Philly. It should keep clear of the Mummers parade. I'll post more details soon so that anyone that might wanna tag along can join me. 8)

Glad to hear the recovery is going well!
Once you get the info about the ride, I'll steal it and post it over on FBN. I think we've got a couple of Freaks over that way.

Ok here's the plan. I will be getting on the Patco train at Westmont Station ( http://www.ridepatco.org/stations/westm ... tions.html ) on Jan 1st at about 11:15 am. I'll ride into Philly and get off at 8th and Market. From there I'll head north, making my way to the El Bar at 1356 North Front street. I'm planning to stop at least once on the way for, er, refreshment. Anybody that want to tag along is more than welcome. Here's the map and directions...
ride1.jpg

ride2.jpg

NOTE- If it's below 30 degrees I'll pass and just head to the WAWA around the corner for coffee. I'll post here the day before just to let everyone know. 8)

Re: New Years Day Ride in Philly! UPDATE! MAP!

Posted all the juicy stuff over on FBN. We've got a couple of guys around your area so hopefully they'll see this and join up with you.

Cool! It looks like the weather is going to cooperate as well. 8)

Just a bump. It's a go for tomorrow! Dress warm and bring a lock. :D

The ride was a good one and an excellent way to begin the new year. As it turned out it was just My friend Lee and I. Only 3 still photos, as my regular camera is on the fritz.
FILE0001.jpg

FILE0036.jpg

FILE0048.jpg

I did take some video, though. I should have a short film up soon.

Latest posts

Back