Newb in FL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought i'd introduce myself since I've been posting and using the great advice in this forum. Also - lots of inspiration here!

i'm an artist - i mostly sculpt now but i love Making Stuff, just about anything! if it has to be put together i'm on it lol Here is my sculpting website http://www.enchantedwhimsies.com I also do graphic design. oh, and i'm a silversmith ;) mostly jewelry but i have a feeling i'll find a way to combine that with the bikes too... (the skills not the jewelry)

So - what am i doing with a prewar skiptooth bike, ya say? I just like old bikes i guess. Don't know anything about them though lol When i was a kid me and the boys on the block would always take apart our bikes and reconfigure them. It was all banana seats & hand me down schwinns back then lol lots of fun. So, after moving to FL i thought i'd get a cruiser to tool around on. I have a trek mountain bike but no woodsy trails or mountains here :p So, looking for a bike on craigslist I started getting into the idea of an older bike. Finally I got my hands on this Elgin and figure I'll fix it up. I love the look of the bikes on this site, i guess i found my way here because i kept landing here on web searches. So, hopefully you all won't mind my lack of know-how or terminology ...i learn quickly :)

i am keeping it simple with this bike, just to see if i can follow through and actually finish with a nice looking and road worthy bike in the end. I dig art cars though so I think if this works out i may get another bike and do something kinda wild/conceptual (husband thinks otherwise but, we'll see!) actually i have a goofy idea brewing for this Elgin, you boys are gonna hate it lol it's subtle but definitely gonna be a girlybike :p

Also - i LOVE sidecars!!! Would love to do a big project like that one day too. I haven't welded since college but i did it so i guess i can still lol omg, that one someone built on here was sick with the crazy dashboard, awesome!!

thanks for all the great info on here!! back to the garage for now!

Welcome to the site! Lets see some pictures of the bike if you can. Dig the sculptures! 8)

Latest posts

Back