Newbie and a Project with my daughter....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello-
Im pretty jazzed about the new hobby recently discovered. I was at the Fat Tire New Belgium Atlanta Tour a couple of weeks ago and there was this Bike Parade, well, I brought my road bike to join the ride and man was I embarassed. I saw 40s Schwinns and 50s Balloon Tire Bikes and everything in between. My daughter said "Hey Dad lets buy an old bike and restore it for my Sr project" so we set out to find that old $10 rusty 60 year old bike "SLAP IN THE FACE" What do you mean 5,6 $700???? So we ran across a guy in Thomson Ga with about 50 Vintage restored Bikes. We picked up a 1954 Western Flyer in really decent shape for $150. I took some good photos and took photos of the serial # A49135 54CW which I guess is a Cleveland Welding?? Anyhow,,,,I will post some pics here today..Any pointers would be appreciated.
433b79d7.jpg

7a80866d.jpg

ad5c97dc.jpg

815dfbe1.jpg

f3c6f13a.jpg

1cabd598.jpg

de9db01b.jpg

33fb508b.jpg

Awesome bike, also awesome to see a daughter and her dad restoring a bike, very cool!

aka_locojoe said:
Bluehose80 said:
I was at the Fat Tire New Belgium Atlanta Tour a couple of weeks ago and there was this Bike Parade, well, I brought my road bike to join the ride and man was I embarassed.
:D :D
Nice bike. Welcome.
Thank you much!

Latest posts

Back