Newbie - Bratz -

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I'm sure this is annoying for you guys, but i need some help.

I'm a real novice - i actually no nothing about bikes. I just bought a UK Bratz bike, i would like to change to a coaster brake.

Knowing nothing at all about bikes, I've spent two nights trying to find out info on the net, and have just got really confused.

Could someone help -

Can i do this?
Is it easy?
How do i do it?
What do i need to buy?
Where can i buy it in the uk?

I really hope someone can help

well if its not a coaster brake right now, the easiest and only way really, is to just get a hub with a coaster brake and relace the whee ith it. it wont beto asy if you havent rebuil a weel before, bt it will be very easy for a lbs. hope it helps. or even just find a rim wth a coaster brake on it and bolt that on and just rid of evrything else. maybe 20 bucks at the swapmeet.

You may have to press the rear legs together to put a coaster hub in there.5 speed hubs are wider.

Im guessing its the red Bratz version and not purple.

Thanks for help so far.. It's the purple one, not the red. In the UK they dont have coaster brakes on them :cry:

if you were here in the us id send you a pair of rims. just bolt them on and be done. just try the craigslist

Latest posts

Back