newbie building a occ chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey out there,Im new to RRB but im sure ill be here alot...Ive been into rods,pre runners,4x4,mini trucks and just recently got the bug to cut up a few bikes and build my own. :mrgreen: Now im HOOKED!My first build is a occ chopper I added 9" in length and changed top tube ,frontend and alot of little trick things here and there,,I will try to put up some pics soon..Thanks to all the RRB members for the insperational pics
bike.jpg
bike2.jpg

Welcome! Very impressive! Bike has a really "nice" flow to it.

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas.Until I stumbled onto this site I didnt realize so many people build there own bikes.It all started because I bought my wife and mother inlaw beach cruisers for mothers day and tried riding my sons old bmx bike and it about killed me to keep up with them.Then I was to cheap to pay out for a streched cruiser and thought ill build my own, now im hooked...So its good to know im not Crazy with my newfound hobby.D :idea: oes anyone else wake up in the middle of the night with new ideas? :idea:
bikeseat.jpg
bike-1.jpg
bikedonor.jpg

That's one nasty looking bike man. Like.one of the other members said, it has a nice flow to It. Welcome to the party. :D

Welcome! :D

Any chance you could tell me what the width of the rear hub is on that OCC chopper.

Trying to figure out how wide the rear triangle on a bike has to be to squeeze that rear wheel/tire combo in.

Thanks!

@ ratrod the rear hub is 6 3/4" and the swingarm is offset to allow clearence for the chain.Anything else I can help with just let me know!

Getting closer and im happy with hows its coming together! :D
biketires-1.jpg

Lookin Good ! and Welcome !, i'm from " Grover City " my self originally , of course everyone calls it Grover Beach now :roll: , sure miss the smell of the ocean, i'm in Nor-Cal now...bike looks cool!

Welcome! Cool build! :)

FatBoy said:
D :idea: oes anyone else wake up in the middle of the night with new ideas? :idea:

Nah, usually those ideas are what keeps me from falling asleep at all. :lol:

Yeah my family loves it here, I to used to live in Grover city also and theres nothing quite like the marine layer!
A.S.BOLTNUT said:
Lookin Good ! and Welcome !, i'm from " Grover City " my self originally , of course everyone calls it Grover Beach now :roll: , sure miss the smell of the ocean, i'm in Nor-Cal now...bike looks cool!

Latest posts

Back