newbie in cols oh

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Rat Rod Bikes!! Nice to join you! I play with old cycles, old sports cars and old,,,,,. I haven't messed with bikes recently but tended to "Rat Rod" them (look out here it comes,,,,,BACK IN THE DAY,,,,,,although that wasn't the term then) when I was a kid 'cause I was to young to drive and wanted to be cool like my older sister's boyfriends. So I'ld turn the handlebars upside down, take the fenders off and paint them flat and put "Honest Charlie" or "Moon Eyes" on them......
I recently picked up a "GOODYEAR COLUMBIA FIRE ARROW" with total rust patina! The bike is totally complete original grips/pedals etc. and in good condition, virtually no dings,,,except it is TOTALLY RUSTED!! Looks like its leaned up against a building 30 years ago and not moved since! I've been riding it around the neighborhood for the past couple months. The patina is AWESOME!! Tires look to be original and they have held air for 4 months now!! Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, maybe just flip the handlebars and keep riding it as is!
Eventually I would like to build a board track style bike and/or a powered board track style racer to do local commutes on.
Are there any Rat Rod Bike followers/builders here in Columbus, OH. I live on the west side (Hilliard area) and wonder if anyone has any interest in getting a few bikes together occasionally, I'm thinking in the Old Hilliard area.
Thanks much, look forward to chatting/building/riding in the Cowtown area.

Sup "OCTom"...welcome..."Yes Sa" Wouldn't mind seeing your version of "M 8) 8) N EYES" on that COLUMBIA or BTR.. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back