Newbie in the UK

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
Just found your site and signed up as the bikes you are creating are really cool ! 8)

I'd like to build my own Kustom Kruiser here in the UK but need plenty of help and advice to achieve this ! :?

So, first question, where to start and what to look for as a project ?

A bit of background, I have built several motorcycles, hot rods and mild customs , mostly American based, some Brit ones too,over the years but this will be my very first bike, where is the best place to search for parts, forks, frames, tyres etc.

Any helpful advice most welcomed !

Thanks !

Sometimes the right bike finds you. Keep an eye out for a cool bike and follow your intuition, instead of following the crowd. Cheers.

Hi and welcome from Durham! I know what you mean about where to start in GB! If you just want to build something on a tight budget a basic cruiser bike would be a good base to start and are not that expensive, I've seen some beautys built and there is lots of inspiration here!
If you want to go a bit further, there are some great suppliers of fat rims and tyres across the water in europe and I am about to have a go at bending my own frame . . .but we will have to see how that goes:). Anyway good luck and keep us posted!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back