Newbie to this site

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all.

I'm Zack, I'm a 22 y/o college student from just outside of Pittsburgh, PA. I've recently gotten into old bikes, after being into all kinds of bikes (particularly mountain bikes) for many years. Last September I built a motorized bicycle out of a brand new Huffy Cranbrook, and the cruiser styling of it really got to me... and so it began. I love old cruiser bikes. Fenders, tanks, balloon tires... yep. Actually, I like anything OLD. New (anything, really) is built cheap, lacks style and class. Even my every day car is almost 30 years old.

I don't have an old bike at the moment, but I figured if I pick up this 50's Hawthorne that I've been looking at Sunday, I'll be posting away here, I'm sure.

Current bikes:
027.jpg

Schwinn.jpg

And the bike I'm going to look at Sunday: (If anyone could identify a year this was made, I'd appreciate it. I know it's a Hawthorne, and I'm assuming it's from the mid-50's from what my research has shown.)
DSC01482.jpg

Latest posts

Back