Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Fellas,

Like most of you, I have kept a bicycle in the garage almost all of my life. Until recently I never gave a 2nd thought as to what type it was, nor did I ride them that often.
I am a car guy at heart and like to tinker with just about anything. I am a member of several different hot rod forums and even own an auction website for Pre-1973 vehicles. A post in one of those forums from one of your present members is what lead me to wanting a vintage bicycle. He posted a picture of a vintage Schwinn tank bike with springer front end, wide back tire and a skinny tire up front. That is one of the coolest bikes I have ever seen. Kudos KRAM!
Anyway, here I am infected with the bug and have just purchased my first vintage bike this week. It is a (from what I can gather) 1948 Columbia/Rambler skiptooth bike. Not in the greatest shape at the moment but all there and not rusty.
Again, I am very new and will probably have a lot of stupid questions, so if it gets to be too much to bare, yell at KRAM. It's his fault I'm here. :lol:

awesome welcome ... I would love to see the pic of your bike in its present condition... a little rust isnt bad :wink: :D

1speedJam1982 said:
awesome welcome ... I would love to see the pic of your bike in its present condition... a little rust isnt bad :wink: :D

Here she is. Not much to look at in her present state.
3050718d.jpg

Latest posts

Back