Newby cruiser bike "hoarder" here

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am a newbie, and have a family in a college town. I have bought and found a few bikes that I'm finally going to restore. They are:

A Huffy Men's coaster brake "english" style bike;
A Raleigh Colt 3 spd young man's bike; and
A late 50s (I believe) Schwinn Speedster cruiser.

These have varying degrees of rust and need of repair and restoration. I already own a Schwinn cruiser 6 from the 90s, a Schwinn 80s Heavy Duti made in Czechoslavakia according to a Schwinn freak who lives across town, an Electra Rat Rod that I found at a pawn shop for $50, and another Electra cruiser with a 7 speed coaster brake Shimano hub. Only the Heavy Duti has inflated tires, and my son rides it lots. So I need to get my ... in gear and get these bikes in working order so my family and myself can ride them proudly.

This forum seems to be a great resource. I also just recently registered on the bikeforums.net. Hopefully there's no conflict of interest!

Keep on ridin'!

Welcome! :)
Never checked out bikeforums.net, but my guess is that it's filled with people that are into bikes, and this place's filled with people who are into bikes. From where I stand looking, I can't see a conflict of interrest. 8)

what you talking bout your not a hoarder till you have atleast 15 or more. look for the junk bikes in the dumpsters and on garbage days :D then you can be like me who thinks 50 isnt enough :oops: good thing i only have about 13 right now

Latest posts

Back