NexGen Gravity Racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Getting ready for the Coaster's Fall Gravity Shoot Out
a1631416.jpg

I am running a 27" on the back and a 700c up front due to the positive drag coefficient while taking into account the prevailing Kansas winds and the thermodynamics of the hill. Taking into account those factors coupled with the decending gradiant curve should allow the NexGen to achieve speeds in excess of 88 mph.

88mph!!! GREAT SCOTT!!!!

Once again I dont think Im gonna have time to even think about finishing the Rust Rocket. What with the Future World Record Skid Bike... and the Fest coming up, along with this weekend's mini-vacation there just isnt enough time.

Ill probably bring the Indian now that it has decent tires, but I dont think it'll hit 88mph!

It is NexGen because it is the Next Generation for this frame on the hill. It has made two prior shoot-outs. The first it was fast and rode good. The second it was fast and squirrelly, I had to bail at the finish once or twice. As of right now, my feet will rest on the unused brake arms. That is subject to change.

Should put some pegs on it and flip the bars over so the grips are angling down. Now you'd be looking like Superman on the bike.

Wow, that looks awesome.. it must be incredible to be up to speed on that thing. Love the way you've used those super long apes in the rear... is that for someone to push start you? Too cool.

We will see how it does on Sunday at the Coasters Gravity Shootout. The Apes are for my feet when it gets going. I had to cut about 6" out of the middle and weld the halves back together to make it narrow enough for what I needed.

Latest posts

Back