NEXUS 7 SNAP RING INSTALL?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Without some special snap ring pliers, how the heck do you install the snap ring on the sprocket for this hub?

I use two small screw drivers to take it off. One works putting it on. Just hook one side
in the groove and kinda push it out with the screwdriver on the opposite side. It will snap into the groove.

Rat Rod said:
Okay...got it.

Wasn't using a small enough screwdriver.

Thanks!

I think it takes a Metric one!!

What it takes is someone with fingers of steel to push down on that puppy.

Not soft pansy graphic designer hands like I have. :lol:

I was getting frustrated trying to get this on last night. I tried with the screwdriver, but didn't try a real small one.
I was thinking maybe I need a circlip pliers with spoons on the end, but apparently it can be done with a small screwdriver.
Back to the garage after work!

It's funny because the snap ring on the hub of the Beast was very easy to take off and install.

A totally different experience than on the Nexus 7 hub I have.

I guess it's all a matter of the brand of hub you're working with.

Rat Rod said:
It's funny because the snap ring on the hub of the Beast was very easy to take off and install.

A totally different experience than on the Nexus 7 hub I have.

I guess it's all a matter of the brand of hub you're working with.

This is my first time trying this. The Nexus 3 hub snap ring snap ring has a cut, but no separation, this is what makes it really hard to pop on. That and my inexperience. But I am glad to be learning along the way.

Latest posts

Back