Nexus Inter4 help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got this today from one of my clients. My questions are?

1) is it an automatic shifter? there are no holes in the axel

2) if its not automatic the what am I missing to make it switch gears?

3) if it is automatic, do I just bolt it up and ride?

the rim says Electra Bicycle company heavy duty

25s4r9g.jpg

your missing this ... i just sold my last cassette joint last week (it was a spare for my own) and i believe theyve been discontinued for a while now.

IMG_0124.jpg

heres the part number if you need it. I bought the last three Harris Cyclery had in stock about 2-3 years ago (they were discontinued then). There may be some left out there but I would say they are getting hard to find.

IMG_0098.jpg

Nexus four speeds were discontinued for a reason. Two of the gears are real close together , so basically you wind up with a three speed. Then for them to work right you need to run a real small sprocket on the front. Its would be cheaper ,since you need alot of stuff to make it work , to talk to Ind-chuckz and pick up a used 3 speed. He usually has them and sells them for a good price. :wink: Those make a good paperweight though.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26686&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

I'm personally not crazy about the one I have. I find myself keeping it in 1st or 2nd gear all the time. 3rd and 4th are good for going downhill with the wind behind you :lol:

Uncle Stretch said:
Then for them to work right you need to run a real small sprocket on the front.

dug this up 'cause i remembered this line about the 4 speed nexus

i'm wanting to know if this is true for the 7-8speeds also. i've about given up on a regular derailleur on a project and thinking of trying to get a 7 or 8 speed hub in the (way far off, probaly after i win a lottery) future. the front sprocket on this bike is a 52, i don't mean to change it, so will the 7 or 8 speed hubs work with it? thanks.

Latest posts

Back