No room in the garage.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 cars, a motorcycle, the 'other' 4 bicycles (2 of mine - 2 of hers), workbench, storage etc, it's full. So my BMXs live in my office (about which I am well happy).

office.jpg

Anybody else have their bikes in the living quarters?

I have two bikes inside. One project and my wife's carbon roadie. I also have her permission to bring my Triumph 650 into one of our bedrooms for rebuilding. She even bought me an old cruiser at the thrift store last summer. She says she has an ulterior motive, to keep tabs on me. She always knows where I am; she doesn't have to worry about me wandering off and getting lost because I am in the shop or insied working on a project.

My 'nice' roadie is tucked behind the dinning table. Like @G-Matt said, only one in the house. I also had two for a short while. But the soon to be Mrs. won, That second bike (2016 SE OM-Flyer) now resides in the garage..

I hear ya on the running out of space though. One in the house, 15 in the garage (12 complete, 3 frame sets), plus three motorcycles, 21 in the shed, 2 outside, and 5 at work... I've been trying to sell some of the filler, I'm just slow at it. At least when a friend is in need of a bike, I can give one away

Love my wife!
I have 5 bikes and a trike in the front room of our house, they even sit on their own piece of carpet!

I usually do the final build up on a bike in the kitchen too... :21:

Even had disc brakes drying in the dishrack one day after cleaning, didn't even warrant a second glance from her! (Maybe because I put away all the clean dishes first?)

16100002.JPG

IMG_0413.JPG
IMG_0625.JPG
IMG_0568.JPG
I live in a manufactured home, so anything that's not parts or scrap is inside. My wife and I are on the same page about pretty much everything. I also told her if she is with me, we probably won't ever have a kitchen table. She likes bikes ALMOST as much as I do.

Here are a few pictures of the last few months.

Love my wife!
I have 5 bikes and a trike in the front room of our house, they even sit on their own piece of carpet!

I usually do the final build up on a bike in the kitchen too... :21:

Even had disc brakes drying in the dishrack one day after cleaning, didn't even warrant a second glance from her! (Maybe because I put away all the clean dishes first?)

View attachment 42386
That's funny, I do a lot of my parts cleaning in the kitchen sink. I'm guilty of using cooking pans as degreaser tubs too haha.

Too many guitars in the house to be storing bikes inside, and my two car garage is stuffed with woodworking and mechanics tools. So sometimes it's a woodshop, sometimes it's a bike shop. There's around a dozen bikes mostly hanging in the rafters. I have at least that many in my future shop garage, over at mom's. But I am a bachelor so I work on bikes and guitars in the house. Be it on the coffee table or in the kitchen sink, I've done both.

Carl.

sent from a banana phone...

The STR is awesome and love those tires as I have a set of thickslick 2.0's on my urban bomber and I keep my only bike indoors, many bike thieves in my city and its in my living room and my gf complains but you know how that ends lol
42345_7a6c8da5ec34adc7e5c86d142eb49c28.jpg

I would keep that indoors for sure. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back