noob from kcmo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys. just got back into bikes after 28 year hiatus. lol i haven't owned a bike since i was 14 and sold my kuwahara bmx bike to start saving for a car. now i have a 62 corvette frame and forks i am trying to build on and use as a show/meet cruiser.
i hope to learn lots from you guys, so don't let me down! lol thanks for the site. -chris.

HPIM2905.jpg

thanks for the welcome ccr . what a cool place. i should also say that i did buy a huffy last fall and that is what really got me started back into bikes. it was a cranebrook and was stupid cheap, but that really showed. so i started looking on cl and other places around the web and got overwhelmed really fast. a fellow 61-66 ford truck enthusiast was looking for a good seat and i had one so we worked out a trade. he builds custom bikes and has craptons of parts so i got the schwinn corvette frame and forks for the seat. i'm glad it all happened. he is a cool cat, and the people i have been dealing with over the last few weeks have all been really down to earth and helpful. i think the vintage bike crowd is among the coolest most upright people on the planet. i have gotten lots of good advise and really good deals on parts i have bought. rock on guys! -chris

Welcome from Wichita. You might want to consider making the trip for our swap meet next month http://MidwestBicycleSwap.com plenty of good stuff to be had. Others from your area will be there.
Also Peddlers bike shop in Independence is a classic and custom friendly shop and owner Rick is a good guy and member here.

thanks for the welcome randy. i have heard about the wichita meet and have thought about going. i'll have to see when the date gets closer.

aka_locojoe said:
Welcome from Wichita. You might want to consider making the trip for our swap meet next month http://MidwestBicycleSwap.com plenty of good stuff to be had. Others from your area will be there.
Also Peddlers bike shop in Independence is a classic and custom friendly shop and owner Rick is a good guy and member here.
yes the swap meet.. there will be swapping and stuffff like that going on.. plan on making the trip from okc
see you there.. welcome to the board

Latest posts

Back