Noob from Traverse City, MI

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

So I was looking through my wife's grandfather's pole building, and came across a ladies 1969 Schwinn Hollywood Deluxe and a 1980 (or so) Huffy Good Vibrations. My wife wants to keep the Schwinn stock, so I just cleaned it up and it rides great. There is a newer saddle on it, but her grandfather says he has the original somewhere.

I have started to disasseble the Huffy and plan on tricking it out a little. It's the standard red with white pin stripes. There is a little surface rust on the fenders and handle bars that I will work on with steel wool and a maybe a die grinder. I will add pics later. I love what "Rat Rod" did with his Huffy, but I want to do something a little different. Any suggestions? I have a limited budget, but lots of tools and I'm pretty mean with a rattle can!

Thanks
Jonathan

tc97tj said:
Hi all,

So I was looking through my wife's grandfather's pole building, and came across a ladies 1969 Schwinn Hollywood Deluxe and a 1980 (or so) Huffy Good Vibrations.
Thanks
Jonathan
Welcome!! Another Michigander...!! That's how it STARTS... :mrgreen: Pretty soon "they find you...." :wink:

welcome from dearborn! :D

tc97tj said:
There is a little surface rust on the fenders and handle bars that I will work on with steel wool and a maybe a die grinder.

I always found that brillo pads and oxalic acid works the best :wink:

dragsterIII said:
welcome from dearborn! :D

tc97tj said:
There is a little surface rust on the fenders and handle bars that I will work on with steel wool and a maybe a die grinder.

I always found that brillo pads and oxalic acid works the best :wink:
Be sure to start out with '000' or '0000' steel wool. If it's rusted real bad you can go more coarse..'00', '0', '1'...An oxalic acid (wood bleach) bath will work excellent...Check this link:
http://www.vintagebmx.com/community/index.php?showtopic=4004702

Latest posts

Back