Norco BushPilot

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw this bike at G-Dub (goodwill) and walked right on by thinking it was wal-mart junk. As I walked back by, I noticed the Sugino Bionic cranks and rad Canadian Maple Leaf seat (among other interesting designs; check the rear fork and brakes). I picked it up for $20 hoping that I wouldn't be upside down in value on a bike needing tires and TLC.

Anybody got any good news for me on this bike? Looks like it has a story to tell... Thanks guys!

DSC04964.JPG

DSC04963.JPG

DSC04962.JPG

DSC04965.JPG

DSC04966.JPG

DSC04968.JPG

Problem is likely brand familiarity, Norco is out of Canada and you don't see too many around. Looks late 80s- early 90s by that u-brake in the rear, decent shape overall, no clue on present value.

Checked their site, still make the model name, but looking thru their archive it's kind of like where the Rockhopper is in the Specialized lineup, and looking at the components like rear derailleur, bolt-on rear hub, pretty much entry level but it seems like a good price paid.

Thanks Jack!

I'm not too sure what to do with the bike now though. Part out? If I try to sell whole bike around here (tennessee), nobody will know the brand. Shipping would kill the value. If money wasn't a issue, I would do a single speed conversion since I could change out the front sprocket to a single setup easily (right?), but I don't want to have 70 bucks (sprocket, tires, rear spacers, derailer) in a bike worth $30. Maybe just a simple resto is the only option. Any ideas?

You could always stick some slicks or some big fat crusier tires and ride it around the city. I put together one simular for my sister and stuck some of them Schwalbe Big Apples on it. there super wide and almost a slick. Great for the city at 60-65psi then we drop it 30psi and it works rather well on some little trails in the parks and great on the beach.It could be you loaner bike, for when your fixin up your buddy's bike. I have a 90's performance 605 I keep in the lobby of my apartment building for my neighbors or my/there quest to use or when everyy i'm fixing someone else's. :p

I had some time on Friday night, so I cleaned and re-evaluated the Norco: tires hold air and the rear derailleur is actually fine; the front just needed some adjusting. I do want to eventually have a mountain bike with some street slicks like the Big Apples (I like the loaner idea), but I have two similar mountain bikes and limited space. Which should I keep? The Dyno runs better right now. The Norco has more character but is going to need some work.

Norco or Dyno?
Dyno400-3.jpg

Thanks Jack!

I'm not too sure what to do with the bike now though. Part out? If I try to sell whole bike around here (tennessee), nobody will know the brand. Shipping would kill the value. If money wasn't a issue, I would do a single speed conversion since I could change out the front sprocket to a single setup easily (right?), but I don't want to have 70 bucks (sprocket, tires, rear spacers, derailer) in a bike worth $30. Maybe just a simple resto is the only option. Any ideas?
This bike has a $500.00 retail value, you have a very decent bike i think a 2011 year

Latest posts

Back