Not how to do it

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jan 12, 2012
Reaction score
Brookfield, Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a call from a guy saying he had a schwinn mountain bike but the back rim was badly bent, So I told him to bring it over and Id atleast take a look at it. Come to find out he had tried to true the rim himself with a crescent wrench. Ive been working on it for a little bit now, had to replace a couple (crescent) nipples but have it almost true.
Re: How not to true a rim

Yeah in auto tech they always told us the proper name for crescent wrench or adjustable wrench was "Junk" or "Bolt rounder" On very small spoke heads that is just asking for trouble.
Had to change title of the post because I ran into another "Not how to do it" on yet another bike. This is the handle bar stem bolt I pulled out of a light weight cruiser I was working on to flip