Not Rusty or Ratty, but I like 'em

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
At the HACBC Winter Show/Swap this past Saturday, I picked up a 2010 Specialized to start my roadie bike venture. I've only been able to ride it around the block a couple times so far due to the weather, but I absolutely love it! It has Dura-Ace shifters, brake set and rear derailleur, 105 front derailleur, Origin 8 compact crankset, LeMond saddle, Carbon fork. Kenda 700 x 23c tires. I'll invest in some new pedals soon but these will work for now It's only a 51cm frame but the seat height made up for it. Very comfortable to ride for ME.
12443829912804-vi.jpg

Then......Yesterday, I went up to one of my LBS to pick up some tires for the Trek 330 that my youngest has laid claim to. I ended up walking out with a frame as well unexpectedly.......2010 Jamis Comet. It has Tektro Quartz brakes on it still but what you see in the pic is what I got, I felt at a good price. I don't know anything about those particular brakes, but I've got time to read up on them before its built.
11443964851320-vi.jpg

When it's done, it should look something like this:
03443964843323-vi.jpg

On the Specialized bike. Do you like those Bars? I have several bikes with those bars on them and don't know if I should swap them out. Its like comparing a cruiser to a crotch rocket in motorcycles. Any input? How many people still like them, as they were the craze on ten speeds.
The Jamis is a cool expensive looking frame. I always wonder how all these frames end up on the market. Seems like the best way to sell a bike is to sell it complete.
Looks like you found some fun new projects for yourself. Congrats.

There was a build a while back where a member removed all the paint off an aluminum frame like the Jamis and polished it. then put something like Brass polished bolts everywhere. he could. It really looked like Terminator bike.

Thanks for the sharing your new stuff.

Those bars on the Specialized looks normal to me. But I'm roady biker so they are comfortable to me.

Jamis frame set and others can be sold that way, By selling just the frame set it allows you to pick out the parts you want to use. Those riders of that style of bikes are fussy about what parts are used

The brakeset, Teckro work well. I don't own a set but have ridden a bike with them. They seem to work well with me. No complaints about that company.

The Lemond Saddle is an after market added on. I bought the same saddle from Target. This product was good too. I think I got mine late 1990's or early 2000's

I haven't gotten the chance to take the Specialized for a real ride yet so I'll have to get back to you on it.

The Jamis frame being polished sounds like it would look cool. I'd like to see a pic of that.

The seat is pretty comfortable for what little I've ridden it. I was hoping to go for a short ride today since it'll be sunny and in the 40's, but my furnace quit so I'll be waiting for the repair guy.

honestherman--I think the Specialized will wind up with a set of MTB style straight bars. The GF doesn't like bending down that far to ride/brake.

Someone on the CL not too far from me has a set of Shimano SLX shifters, as well as a few other parts, for sale. She likes that style of shifter. May end up taking everything off the Specialized and putting it on the Jamis.

Time trials are in your future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back