Not So - The beginning

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
simplicity at its best. Beautiful. The frame color is amazing with the black on black tire/wheel combo.

Not-So is getting some relatives

Oh boy!
I have added a couple of new (to me) frames to the collection of "what the heck am I gonna build next?" stuff.

Got a Varsity frame from Fleabay for $00.99. That ones gonna sit for a while, as it is a very bare frame. Only item attached is the kickstand. It could possibly get grafted to the front of a mid-teens flyer frame I have sitting that has some rear stay issues, but it's too early to tell at this point. (The Flyer frame, also very bare, was a wopping $8.69 expenditure..)

Second is another Continental frame, looks to be the same size as the Not-So-Single-Speed project was, and may go on to be the build that this one was supposed to have been. It is a frame and fork with a stand, and was a bit expensive at $29.

The biggest deal is that I FINALLY found a Sprint, and it is pretty close to a complete bike. The missings are nothing in the overall big picture, as it will be a different situation in the end. I have been looking for one of these for a while, and this one kinda fell on me. (well, fell into me?)
I am trading some part (yes, not plural) for it.

I called on the frame, a discussion of parts ensued, trade worked out for a tank I got with a straight bar DX frame purchased last year. My calculation of cost here is ... free. I bought the frame I wanted, it was VERY nice, and the tank was not wanted as I had the one I did want already. The straightbar DX frame came with a tank without provision for a horn. I already had the tank for it on hand... just waiting for the right frame! This bike is about 45% done and hopefully will be on another part of the forum in a month or two. Absolutley ZERO rush on this one. Should be pretty cool when complete.

While I hope to see this Sprint frame shortly, but I have NO hope of doing it for this build off. Just ain't enough time in the day... (or left of the month!)

I have stopped counting at this point, but last time I thought about it, I had enough projects sitting around for.... YEARS!

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

MadMick said:
Wow! So you can make a silk purse from a cows ear after all. That bike is a gem. Really, I'm impressed.

The "before" photo was the one taken from the ad on Fleabay... Looked way better in the photo than what I pulled out of the box on arrival...

Thank you for the nice compliment.

I have ridden it a bit now a it is VERY comfortable. I had to switch the rear hub out for another as that one is dry inside and the brake squealed like a stuck pig when you stopped the second time. No more noises, just nice, easy movement in a forward motion.... :mrgreen:

Have some other projects in the works, just seems that nothing is getting done in a timely fashion. I did finish the 62 Typhoon straight bar project I started after this, and it is also VERY comfortable to ride. Same type hub, just a yellow band. I will be putting some photos of it up over the next week or so, but in a different section here.

Thanks again! Happy Holidays!

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

Latest posts

Back