Nothing to do with Bicycles

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmm 70 views, not RAD enough. :D

I ordered a GoPro today, so stay tuned for more bike related vids in this space. :D

yes, it is kind of a take-off of the Indian Festival Holi.

These events are held all over the US. Google for "color run" or "color me RAD" (2 different events).

Here's one she did with her friends back in Feb of this year. I was shooting more stills then, trying the get the hang of what I wanted to do with stills/videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpwSy0Oa6OQ&feature=plcp

to answer your question, they are usually 5K run/walks, with "color stations" along the way where volunteers throw colored powder on the runners.

The colored powder is dyed corn starch. Messy, but, not toxic.

The runners get a packet of color which they usually throw on themselves after the run, and they can purchase additional packets.

The after-run gets really wild. Everyone is having such a good time, and they don't mind photos at all. (never took so many pictures of people I don't know) :D

Sheryl is really into exercise, thus our love of riding our bikes on our own, and short distance rides in the local charity rides.

Both of these "color" events were with her friends involved in water arobrics class or "boot camp" classes.

Can't wait to get my GoPro.

Randy, you said I could steal some of your video ideas, and I hope I am not to blatent. I'll mix it up.

Love your stills/videos. I watch every one.

J

Here's a short video by my best photographer buddy Dane Tessler. He's the guy in the hat in my vid and his own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXqo4eLptzE&feature=plcp

He was shooting with a GoPro in the underwater case, so he could get up close and personal.

I was shooting my Canon T3I so I had to protect it as best I could from the powder.

He actually asked the guy to throw powder at his GoPro at the end of his vid.

Dane is a creative monster!

Latest posts

Back