Off subject.....new truck project!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
A lot of current and future car guys on here......just wanted to share my new project. '34 Ford pickup. I don't think my wife is as thrilled as I am :mrgreen: Doesn't mean I'm giving up bikes though....the bike hobby is a fantastic stress reliever for me :wink:

Upper Class White Trash said:
nice!!!!

comming from you i'm sure i'll like it!

keep us posted!!

Thanks

outskirtscustoms said:
What are your plans rat or restore?

I've been collecting parts for this build for several years. '34 cab, '32 bed, '32 grill and hood top, 32' frame rails, Ford model A front cross member, '40 Ford x-member and rear cross member, '66 Buick 401 nailhead, Borg Warner 4spd, dropped '32 front axle, late 50's Buick finned aluminum front brake drums, '60 Ford F100 9 inch rear axle, 16x4 and 16x5 steel Ford rims, 5.50 16/7.50 16 bias ply tires and buggy sprung on both ends are all the ingredients for mine. 4" chop and shorten the bed about 4 inches will be the only body mods. Finding a decent cab has really been the last big piece of the puzzle.

Not going to reinvent the wheel. The plan is to build a highboy style hotrod and emulate some of the qualities of these trucks. All of these pictures were copied from the HAMB over the years.......a link from the HAMB was how I found this site several years ago.

I've been on the HAMB for over 10 years now. It sure has grown. A friend here has a great 34 he finished over a year ago. I don't have any pics but it's a short bed with an SBC and an auto cuz he built it for the wife to drive. Chopped top, WWW, no hood,and leather T&R. He drives a 36 3 window coupe. He did almost everything himself except engine machine work and pinstriping and lettering.

Hey buddy I just ran across a model T tailgate in a friend's garage if you want it I'll get a pic or two and ask him about a price and get a shipping quote for you, the bottom edge is a little rusty but mostly surface rust and all the hinges are perfect and latches are also there and perfect.

Latest posts

Back