Oh, for Evans sake.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I shuffled off to Buffalo a couple of months ago to catch this one as it was about to fall off the end of Craigslist.
Based on the grainy picture in the listing, I figured at least I'd get an Evansaction fork.
HPIM5260_zpsdccfe42d.jpg
HPIM5246_zpse6cc41d0.jpg

Then I had to wrangle a car to get down there ASAP.
I tidied it up and threw different set of rims and tires and took it for a cruise.
Then I picked up the Electra locally for the Brooks saddle and 24x3 3 speed set up.
HPIM5327_zps6a7fcecc.jpg

Can you guess what happened next?
HPIM5373_zps944d7108.jpg

Hey, if anyone has the correct chain guard or tank (if it had one), please let me know anytime.

Thanks Guys, this bike looked a little too 'Gilligan's Island' for me, with the striped fenders, reflective tape and 1.75" white walls.
I threw the fenders away.......no not really, they'll be tidied up and stored.
This bike was stowed away for years in the loft of an old garage where the guy I bought it from found it.
What I want to know is how the heck did the chain guard and tank go missing with the bike put up all those years. It obviously didn't have a rough life.

Awesome finds!

that looks killer with the new wheels! i agree with the stripes on the fenders looking corny. i love what youve done with it :mrgreen:

very nice Evans, I like the changes you made, I think Evans are great bikes I have a few,one is the same color as your that I hot-rodded heres a pic. of my hotrod Evans
hotrodevans002.jpg

That's a nice Evans that you have there too.
The Evans bikes seem to be popping up as often as the 'News Boys Specials' have been recently.

Latest posts

Back