OK - WHO HAS USED A NEXUS 7 WITH REAR AND DOWN DROPOUTS?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
OK, here is my frame with drop outs, to the rear and down.

I'm trying to install the Nexus 7 with non-turn washers and the 7R & 7L I have do not work. Here are all of them.

anti-rotation-washers-labeled800.jpg

nexus8-washers.gif

This how to pdf does not list my configuration: http://www.shimano.com/publish/content/ ... 0Chart.pdf

So what have you guys have used??????????

Looks to me like you would use the 5R and L for Theta less than or equal to 20 degrees. Yours look like they are about 10 degrees from horizontal or so. I installed a 7 speed coaster on a similar prewar frame and I think I used a yellow one and a brown one. You will probably also have to spread the rear stays a little to squeeze it in as well.

2manybikes said:
Looks to me like you would use the 5R and L for Theta less than or equal to 20 degrees. Yours look like they are about 10 degrees from horizontal or so. I installed a 7 speed coaster on a similar prewar frame and I think I used a yellow one and a brown one. You will probably also have to spread the rear stays a little to squeeze it in as well.

OHHH, its a squeeze! These little buggers are $9 each! I just need to find a local shop with them so I can sample the different ones, or its' off to ebay.

+1^ You don't need the tab. Grind it off and make it good and tight and you'll be okay. I ground mine off to fit my prewar Schwinn frame several years ago and haven't had any problems whatsoever. Gary

Being a machinest I made my own......
So you really dont need them?

That is a couple hours I can never get back!

Latest posts

Back