Old Coot on a Scoot'

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here is my other toy and mode of transportation, a 50cc, Chinese scooter. It is a hoot to scoot around on. I was just about ready to scoot up to the bank to the ATM, when a fellow motorcycle riding vlogger, "LJ," stopped by and asked if she could ride along with me up to the bank. "Sure," I said. This is the video that she shot from her Drift cam. I did a little, "hooliganising," on this ride. Check out her channel on YT, a great kid, like a third daughter to the wife and I. This gal rides a big, 650cc, crotch rocket, she is 110 pounds, wet. Any way, here be the link to the video. I just hope this video is not used against me, sometime in the future at a competency hearing, LOL! 8)

http://youtu.be/ZKFCn7ozUaA

I love scooters lol I have a cheap Chinese one right now that's been giving my nothing but problems! So I'm on the search for a vintage one more reliable one. They sure are fun :mrgreen:

Vintagebikelover24 said:
I love scooters lol I have a cheap Chinese one right now that's been giving my nothing but problems! So I'm on the search for a vintage one more reliable one. They sure are fun :mrgreen:
Yep, they are not too reliable. Have a Burgman in my sights as a replacement. One positive note, when you own a ChiScoot, you will get the opportunity to learn the inner and outer workings of a scooter, that's for sure. Thanks for the comment!

You really do! I think I can go through any 50cc scooter from the motor to the electrical and know what I'm doing now. I'm looking at a 1970 Zundapp 50cc. German made scooter

Vintagebikelover24 said:
You really do! I think I can go through any 50cc scooter from the motor to the electrical and know what I'm doing now. I'm looking at a 1970 Zundapp 50cc. German made scooter
I'd say, you are primed and ready, go for it!

Dad picked up a 50cc moped at a yard sale when I was 15, he paid $30 for it. When I turned 16 and didn't have my license yet mom started sending me to the store on it to pick up stuff, and it became mine. I got my license not long after and let the moped go for $60, and I've missed it EVER SINCE!!!

Fast forward here lately and I'm working on another! viewtopic.php?f=11&t=69373

yoothgeye said:
Dad picked up a 50cc moped at a yard sale when I was 15, he paid $30 for it. When I turned 16 and didn't have my license yet mom started sending me to the store on it to pick up stuff, and it became mine. I got my license not long after and let the moped go for $60, and I've missed it EVER SINCE!!!

Fast forward here lately and I'm working on another! viewtopic.php?f=11&t=69373
Yes, the moped is gone, but, you have those memories — priceless.

I'm going to see the guy with the Zundapp this coming week! Hopefully I can bring it home with me.

Latest posts

Back